Re: KDE Problem - try beta4

On Wed, 22 Apr 1998, Rev. Joseph Carter wrote:

> I finally decided to give KDE another shot.  I got the beta4 .deb files
> and installed them and then went to go look at /opt---these isn't one.
> The beta4 KDE package is policy-compliant for those who wanted it.
>
> KDE looked nice--though I will spend weeks trying to sort out how to make
> kwm work without annoying me excessively.

I have been wanting to switch to kde for awhile but I am still not that
impressed with beta4. I haven't really put it through any stress, but from
watching the kde and kde-user mailing lists, there are still some very
basic outstanding problems or missing features. One thing that really
caught me off guard is that someone stated that you cannot assign window
functions to function keys. Cheers, Colin.

--
Colin Telmer, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
<mailto:telmerco@telmer.com>