Re: AFBACKUP problems

Hi,

I checked my inetd.conf and services files.  Both had the correct afbackup
entries.  The "backuphost" problem seems to be related to the fact that
afbackup is looking for "backuphost" instead of "localhost" which is what
is configured.  If I add "backuphost" as an alias to localhost in
/etc/hosts then the afclient seems to work.  However, I still
have the problem that authentication fails between the client and the
server.  If I specify the cryptkey file on the command line then it works.
Both problems seem to be related to the possibilty that afclient isn't
honoring the settings in /etc/afbackup/client.conf.  I checked the
submitted bugs at the debian site and the afbackup maintainer mentioned
something related to this in his response to someone elses afbackup bug
report, and that he was going to contact the upstream afbackup maintainer.
Just in case, I submitted my own bug report.

-Ossama