Re: modems

Tom Zelazny <t.zelazny@worldnet.att.net> wrote

>Please advise how I can get my modem set up(com2irq3)

1) Look at the Serial howto. Although this howto is no longer maintained,
   it contains a good description of the setserial command that you
   need.

2) Look at "man setserial"

3) I think you need to give the following command:

     /sbin/setserial /dev/ttyS1 irq 3        # my serial mouse

4) I think In Debian you have to put this setserial command in
   /etc/rc.boot/0setserial

5)  The boot procedure is described in de TeX-info that can be seen via
     Emacs <help> <browse manuals>

I hope this helps a bit.

Paul Huygen