Re: background color in XEmacs 2.0

On Tue, 21 Apr 1998, Colin Telmer wrote:

> On Tue, 21 Apr 1998 vanco@sonic.net wrote:
>
> > 	I liked the text background color better the way it was set
> > before, on grey. I don't like the new white block as much.... However I
> > can't find out how to change it. I've looked through all the settings and
> > all the config files, but there's just too much.
> > 	Any ideas?
>
> You can do it in your .Xresources file. Something like
>
> emacs.foreground:               white
> emacs.background:               Blue4
> emacs.pointerColor:             Red
> emacs.cursorColor:              Red

I ended up going to the XEmacs manual page, which led me to the .Xdefaults
file containing every default settable attribute inside XEmacs.

	However, there is not an attribute to change this. I do not mean
that I am unable to change the background color -- this is quite easily
accomplished. What I mean is the color surrounding text. A block around
every text character is filled with white. When the cursor is placed in
that spot, it interrupts the continuity of the white, and grey shows
through.

	This is quite confusing to cope with. Perhaps this is a bug? It
seemed to happen after I removed emacs and left xemacs.

I have included a screenshot.... Look at it, this is quite annoying.
Well, nevermind, xv will not grab xemacs' window. Perhaps something is
wrong with my configuration, off to try some things....

Aaron Van Couwenberghe -- vanco@sonic.net, aaronvanc@hotmail.com
|--->Debian GNU/Linux: http://www.debian.org  ftp://ftp.debian.org <-----\
|-> Go here in order to never have to pay for any MicroCo$m products again.

Illusion web designs - http://www.sonic.net/~vanco - To be launched by June

PGP KeyID: 9B1DF49D	UserID: Aaron Van Couwenberghe <vanco@sonic.net>
Key fingerprint = 28 28 7C 36 8A 9F 23 C3  0D 53 DF A0 52 E7 9A 52