AFBACKUP problems

Hi,

I've been trying to get afbackup (the Debian package) working on my hamm
system.  Whenever I run the "afclient -q" command to see if the backup
server is running properly I get the following:

	Error: cannot find address of host backuphost.

My /etc/afbackup/client.config file has "localhost" as the backup server
since I am running these tests on the local host.  If I force afclient to
use the localhost with "afclient -q -h localhost" I get some
authentication error, although I can't seem to reproduce the error now.
At one point I had to explicitly give it the cryptkey file with the "-k"
flag.  Now whenever I try "afclient -q -h localhost" I get the following:

	Error: Cannot get the greeting message from server.

Q1:  Why should I need to tell afclient what host to use if the
client.config file tells it to use "localhost?"  I checked /etc/hosts and
there is a localhost entry (I'd be really surprised if there wasn't one).

Q2:  What would cause the authentication error?  I wish that I could
reproduce it, but I can't.  :(

Q3:  What's with the "Cannot get the greeting message from server" error?

Thans for any help or suggestions.
-Ossama

Ossama Othman <othman@astrosun.tn.cornell.edu>