Re: how to put apache under hosts.{allow,deny}'s control?

    Jeff> On Wed, Dec 16, 1998 at 02:04:04PM -0500, Shaleh wrote:
    >> Subject says it all.  How can I put non-inetd services under
    >> hosts.{allow,deny}'s control?

    Jeff> If you really want that, the best thing to do is run Apache
    Jeff> from inetd.  According to the manpage it can be run that
    Jeff> way.

Is there an easy spiffy Debian way to make it run from inetd like
there is with exim?  Or do I have to do it myself?  (I do know about
update-inetd.)

I haven't found an automatic way, so I strongly suspect that there
isn't one, but I haven't looked very hard, either.  If there isn't
one, perhaps there should be.  With exim, all I have to do to toggle
between inetd and running all the time is (un)comment a line in
/etc/init.d/exim.

Tim Moore