Re: Running seperate eth0 & ppp0 networks

> > > Try something like:
> > >
> > >   route add -net 130.2.0.0 dev ppp0
> > >

> > This will limit your access to just the 130.2.0.0 network over ppp.
>
> That's what he wanted -- isp network over ppp0, everything else over eth0.
> I suspect your ppp0/eth0 setup is more common, but it's now what he needed.
>
> > Do
> >
> > route add -net [your local net address] dev eth0
> >
> > and use the "default route" option for ppp to get to everything on the
> > internet.  I ran this way for some time and it worked fine for access
> > to either route.

I've been working on a similar setup only with with two ethernet cards,
one for the lan and the other for internet access.  The problem I've been
having is that when I attempt to specify the device I get an error:
"SIOCADDRT: Invalid argument" when I load the commandline

route add -net [local net address] dev eth0

or

route add -net [wan address] dev eth1

Both interfaces recieve correctly but all outbound is going through the
latter (eth1) interface.  I'd love to know how to get this to work
correctly.

Mark