Re: suEXEC and "~user/cgi-bin"

>Hello All,
> I just can't figure out how to get cgi's to work in the home
>directories.  The log shows suEXEC is running and cgis work from
>/var/www/cgi-bin.  In the home directory I have
/home/user/public_html/cgi-bin.
>I'm using apache for the server.  I've looked through the manuals and tried
>the list archives to no avail.

Have you looked at /var/log/apache/cgi.log (is that where they're still
kept?). This logs problems with suEXEC.

Also, keep in mind that suEXEC is really skittish. The script and the
*directory* that it's in must be owned by the user and group-owned by the
user's primary group (although I've hacked mine to allow it to run scripts
owned by root as well). Neither the directory nor the script can be
world-writable. It can't be a symlink. It can't be setuid.

You really need to look at cgi.log, however, to see what's got it so upset.

- Joe