'Segmentation Fault' - how do i find out what thr problem is?

Hi,

Excuse the vague problem definiton, but on a variety of programs I've
compiled (but not written...), when i try to run the resulting program I
just get a 'Segmentation Fault' immediately.

Any clues either as to what causes this, or how to find out what
does/doesn't (<-for elimination purposes...) cause it?

A couple of test progs. I wrote ran fine.

One of the programs that seg faults here at work doesn't at home.

Of the seg faulting programs, one is compiled with g++ (the standard one
in hamm) and the other with g77 (again, the vesion that's in hamm).

Ta,

Martin