Re: 4 button Logitech MouseMan and XFree86

   Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 22:43:45 -0500
   From: Paul Miller <pmiller@mtu.EDU>
   Sender: pmiller@murphy.novare.net

   I have a 4 button Logitech MouseMan (has a thumb button) and my buttons
   don't work correctly in X.  The thumb button seems to ack as the middle
   button and the middle button doesn't work at all.  Here's what my
   current XF86Config file looks like (just the pointer section):

   Section
   "Pointer"
      Protocol
   "MouseMan"
      Device
   "/dev/mouse"
      BaudRate
   9600
      Resolution
   200
      Buttons
   4
   EndSection

   Then I tried using xmodmap to swap the buttons:

   xmodmap -e "pointer = 1 4 3 2"

   Now only the left and right mouse buttons work.

   Anyone have one of these mice?  What can I do to fix my configuration?

   Thanks
   -Paul