Re: mutt broken after slink upgrade

Hi Eric; unless Mutt is confused, you wrote:
> I just updated to slink and now mutt refuses to send mail.  When i start
> up mutt it works fine, except for the fact that it is in black and white
> instead of color, until I try to actually send a message that I have
> composed.  It says "Error sending message, child exited 127 ()."  I can
> send mail fine with pine, so it's not smail's problem, and I couldn't find
> anything in any logs to tell me what's going wrong.  Also, this new
> version of mutt has a dependency for gnupg...which doesn't seem to be
> something that is present.
>
> Anyone help?

It is a known and already reported bug against the mutt package... It seems
that it is compiled to look for /usr/bin/sendmail and debian has sendmail in
the /usr/sbin. Someone ahs pointed on the list already, the best fix (for the
time being) is to make a symlink for /usr/bin/sendmail to point to
/usr/sbin/sendmail.

HTH

damir