Re: Emacs command line option

On Fri, 30 Oct 1998, Mika Fischer wrote:

   Hi!

   I've got a problem with Emacs. I want it to be started in
   auto-fill-mode.  No problem so far. But I have to use an numeric
   argument with it.  This is not possible with the '-f' CMD-line
   option.

   So how can I start Emacs in 'auto-fill-mode 70'?

   My e-mail client invokes emacs as the editor and so I want it to
   wrap lines at 70 Chars.

   At the moment I am breaking line manually :-(

   I hope someone can help me.

Create a ~/.emacs file with the following lines:
(setq default-major-mode 'text-mode)
(add-hook 'text-mode-hook 'auto-fill-mode 70)

If you plan on using emacs a lot, I would install dotfile-emacs... It
is a good starting point to customizing emacs.  Hope this helps!

Dennis
--
Dennis Kelly <dpk@egr.msu.edu>
Network Adminstrator