Re: DayLight Saving - in Australia

On Sun, Oct 25, 1998 at 10:22:13AM +0100, homega@vlc.servicom.es wrote:
> My system hasn't recognized daylight saving either, I don't think it has to
> do with the bios... is there a way to automate these changes?

Linux will only change the system clock if it is actually running
at the time of the change over (which was 2am this morning here).
Also, it will not write the system clock out to the hardware clock
(set hwclock -w to do that).

This is unlikely Windows, which change it the first time it is used
after the event. If you happen to be running multiple flavours of
Windows, expect multiple changes (I have 95 and NT installed on my
desktop). Also, I have seen NT once change it while running at 2am,
and on next system startup also!

Both my 24x7 linux boxes have the correct time without any user
intervention.

Hamish