Re: HP 5L still giving problems!!

On Fri, Oct 23, 1998 at 02:17:40PM +0100, G. Kapetanios wrote:

> I had the same proble. My HP 6L would not work. I tried magicfilter. ASCII
> text printed fine but postscript dvi e.t.c. were garbage.
> I then wrote a little script which uses explicitly gs and dvihp as filters
> to turn ps and dvi files into the printers native languge (PCL I think )
> It essentially involves the same lines as in the ljet4l filter of
> magicfilter but put in a script file which is being executed every time
> printing is required. It worked for me
> I can send the scripts if you want but it has to be early next week
> as I am away from my computer.
> Let m eknow if you want them
> george

I have a HP6L and it works perfectly well with magicfilter (ljet4
filter). My printcap looks like: (set up with magifilterconfig)

lp|lp|lp|HP Laserjet 6L:\
        :lp=/dev/lp0:sd=/var/spool/lpd/lp:\
        :sh:pw#80:pl#72:px#1440:mx#0:\
        :if=/etc/magicfilter/ljet4-filter:\
        :af=/var/log/lp-acct:lf=/var/log/lp-errs:

The versions I have is:

magicfilter:   1.2-25
ghostscript:   4.03-3
gs-fonts:      5.10a-1
lprng:         3.5.2-1

+         Peter Granroth         +  Microsoft is NOT the answer  +
+ mailto:devnull@granroth.ml.org +   Microsoft is the question   +
+     http://granroth.ml.org     +       The answer is NO        +