Re: apt-get still won't work with local cdrom

Pann McCuiag has a debian web page (i don't have the url in front of
me, but search for "Our Man Pann".  He shows the /etc/apt/sources.list
file as

deb file:/cdrom/debian stable main

But I don't think he was using the cheap bytes cd.  His page WAS for
hamm (2.0).

He was NOT using apt under dselect.  He was using

apt-get install packagenames

to install individual packages.  I haven't tried this myself (yet).
Oh yeah you have to mount the cdrom first, besure to set the user flag
in /etc/fstab.