Re: Using the config file from the default kernel

> firstly,
> /usr/src/linux should be a symlink to /usr/src/kernel-source-[ver]/
>
> Secondly, what I do, is run make menuconfig once, then copy the config
> file, and run it again to do the dirty work. make sure you copy the
> .config file somewhere else before you start.. I always have a copy in
> /root/backups

Hmmm.....My kernel is 2.0.33, but the only kernel-source-[ver] I have is
2.0.34 (2.0.33 is the out-of-the-box kernel) :(. I really want to use the
.config for that (to discover e.g. which options were set by the install
process so that I don't have to dig around wondering which option to
select to have ne loaded as a module)....

Thanks,

Matthew

--
Elen sila lumenn' omentielvo