Re: Need help ppp

On Wed, Oct 14, 1998 at 11:14:20AM +0200, Mans Joling wrote:

> My dad threw away my pppconf when he was in the program dselect and he
installed some programs but he dselected ppp so my ppp conetcion doenst work
anymore and i hav eto work under windows cause i can't connect to the
internet under linux can sombody help me what to do?

Hi Mans,

If you can use the Internet with Windows, you can download the ppp and
pppconf packages from the Debian ftp or web site. Windows has a cammand line
FTP program, or you could use the web browser to download the packages to
your Windows partition.

Then, you can boot into Linux, mount the Windows partition, cd to where the
pavkages are, and use the command dpkg -i ppp-2.3.5-3.deb to re-install the
ppp package.

--
Jim Foltz <aa204@acorn.net>