Re: Problems sending mail

mccorkle@pcisys.net wrote:
> I am having trouble with my mail and am looking for some help.
>
> I am running a hamm system, using smail for mail delivery. I have
> attached copies of the smail config, transports, and routers file,
> as well as a snippet from the smail logfile.
>
> My machine is stout.mccorkle.home. The intent is to use a smart host
> (mail.pcisys.net) for outgoing, non-local mail. The problem is that
> I can successfully mail to some sites, while others get bounced.
> >From the looks of the logfile, everything is the same in both cases.
>
> I have looked in the Network Administrators Guide, the Mail HowTo,
> the ISP Connectivity mini-howto, and very briefly in /usr/doc/smail.
> Any advice or pointer to more info would be greatly apprceciated.
>
> [snip files]

I'm not sure if this is the correct way, but it is the way
I fixed the same problem.

Comment out your inet_hosts entry in your routers file.  Just
let the smart_host take care of that.
Also, you are being redundant with the smarthost_path and
smarthost_transport being in both the config and routers file.
I would take it out of the config file.

-Mitch