DEBIAN 2.0 INSTALL BLOCK DEVICE NAME

I am a first time installer of Debian Linux 2.0 with Win 98 on the computer.

What to I enter when on the installation program so I can get Emacs, X etc. when installing from the Binary i386 CD  I read:

    Insert the CD Rom with the block device name:

I enter:

    /dev/hda3, (have tried /dev/hda4 & /dev/hda5 with similar results)

I get:

    Wrong FS type bad option and super block ON /dev/hda3

The preceding install went fine.  I do have a rudimentary Linux system with at least VI....

I have Win98 on partition 1 and data on extended partition 2.  Extended partition
3 was adjusted during installation to 1,900 Mb Linux (native) and a 190 Mb
swap pertition by the Linux install.

How to I look at the Linux partitions and adjust/delete them to start clean
again (if that is needed)?

I am using a Pentium 2, 300 MHz, 64 Mb ram, 6.4 Gb HD and an IDE CD-Rom on
the secondary (primary) IDE port.

Again, What to I enter when on program installation I read:

    Insert the CD Rom with the block device name:

TIA

Bob Barth
olympic@netamerica.com