RE: Multiple DHCP servers?

Ian Eure <ieure@crosssound.narrows.com> writes:

>Hi, I was just wondering if there was a way to get >1 systems running dhcpd
>on my network... We just had a stupid problem with the (only) box that runs dhcp
>on our network (power cable to /dev/hdb fell out) and were down for a few hours
>before I could get there and fix things. I didn't see any mention of having
>multiple redundant DHCP servers in the dhcpd docs, but I could be mistaken.

    Not yet.  The DHCP Failover Internet Draft just went through a serious
    merge and is going into the implementation stage.  I'm not sure if there
    is anyone doing the implementation in the ISC code base (it would probably
    be Ted Lemon if anyone).

        ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-failover-02.txt

    We (unfortunately) only have current plans for Redundant DHCP on VMS and
    NT.
                                                -Jeff

     |    Jeff Schreiber     | I do not like C chmod and fgetname.   |
     |    aka - "Spectre"    | I do not like them, VAXman I am!      |
     | schreiber@process.com |     (VAXman@tmesis.com)               |