netscape 4 configuration

I've installed netscape 4 from dselect, but when I try to configure it
(also in dselect), I get the following error messages:

The netscape archive must be in /tmp, owned by root, and under a name
matching one of the following:

communicator-v4*.x86-*-linux*.tar*
navigator-vr*.x86-*-linux*.tar*

Am I doing this right, or is there another place where I need to setup
netscape?

Also, is there an easy way to configure XWindows so that programs you
setup in the .xinitrc file are run "minimized" or placed in a certain
location of the screen?  Is this in the X man page?

Brian Morgan