Re: new install: bo or hamm?

On 16 Jun 1998, Andy Spiegl wrote:

> A friend of mine asked me to install Debian on his new web and
> mail server.  Now I am trying to decide whether I should install
> bo or hamm.  Bo has some pretty old packages and a later upgrade
> to hamm would probably require to shut the system down for a
> while.  But is hamm stable enough yet???

I'd have to say yes.  The worst noticable problem now is that loging out
of an xterm corrupts the wtmp, so that last doesn't work.  I think there
will be another update of X, and a new version of libc6 coming soon, which
may even fix the wtmp problem.  If you can hold out until another set of
base disks make it into incoming (llug.sep.bnl.gov), I would.  Also, be
sure to grab apt from project/experimental, it provides one heck of a
method for dselect.

Let me know if you have any problems,
Brandon

                                    --+--
Brandon Mitchell <bhmit1@mail.wm.edu> | Debian Testing Group Status
PGP Key:   finger -l bhmit1@cs.wm.edu |  http://bhmit1.home.ml.org/deb/
    Dijkstra probably hates me (Linus Torvalds, in kernel/sched.c)