Re: Linux install problem

Greets,

> 	Fdisk can delete the logical partitions, but its a separate option (delete
> logical vs. delete primary).  Try DOS's fdisk again, and delete the logical
> partitions first, then delete the extended partition (DOS won't let you
> delete an extended partition untill all logical partitions in it are
> deleted).  For the Linux partitions, use cfdisk to create them, not DOS's
> fdisk.

FWIW, I've personally found that cfdisk can cope with lots of things that
cause DOS/Win95 fdisk to choke badly.  For eg. I had a disk with an NTFS
psrtition, which DOS fdisk stubbornly refused to delete, no matter what I
did and how much I swore at it. Booted with my bo rescue disk, fired up
cfdisk, and managed to wipe it out with no problem.

There you go, a linux rescue disk is a very valuable tool, even for DOS
users!

damon

--
Damon Muller (damon@empire.net.au)