Re: NS Mail is kinda screwy.

On Wed, 10 Jun 1998, Matthew Myers wrote:

> I sent this letter using Netscape Mail under a standard user account.
> If I try to send from Netscape Mail to this server as root, it never
> makes it.  Does anyone know why?

The server might be rejecting it because it's from root.  Sending mail as
root is generally considered to be pretty tacky.  I'll bet mail from root
won't be accepted on the particular server regardless of what mailer you
use.

Nate

---
Nathan C. Burnett              "Everyone is born right-handed, but
nate@acm.org                      only the greatest overcome it."
http://www.cse.msu.edu/~burnet26    -Slogan, Left-Handers' Club of Ireland
            ( ( (((In Stereo Where Available))) ) )