Re: installation

On Mon, 8 Jun 1998, Bob Nielsen wrote:

> On Tue, 9 Jun 1998, Tim wrote:

<snip>

> I'm not sure I'd recommend 2.0 for a first-time Linux installation yet (it
> isn't quite ready for release).  Version 1.3 is quite stable.  I have done
> one fresh installation of 2.0 without problems although some others have
> had difficulties.

I did it from a first-time (with the version of boot floppies that hanged
partway through the first time :)). Given that quite a few people have had
problems with the autoup script, I'd recommend going for hamm (2.0)

I should probably point out that I am a newbie (but learning fast :))

HTH,

Matthew

--
Elen sila lumenn' omentielvo

Steward-elect of the Cambridge Tolkien Society
Selwyn College Computer Support
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Chamber/8841/
http://www.cam.ac.uk/CambUniv/Societies/tolkien/
http://pick.sel.cam.ac.uk/