Re: Linux is user friendly, I'm just not one of its friends

On Mon, 8 Jun 1998, The Darkling wrote:

: welp, Norm made a belive r out of me, but murphy factor lives on. (I
: hate doing this - asking for help for a ll the little things) but we
: still get :
:
: SIOCADDRT: Invalid argument
: SIOCADDRT: Network unavalibel
:
: On the other hand Debian did not install /dev/eth0 despite having my
: Eather link card being compileid into the kernel and being setup (if
: wrong) for the network.

You won't see a /dev/eth0.  I don't recall Linux ever doing that, but if
it ever did it doesn't anymore.

What does `ifconfig' show?  If the driver is in the kernel, it should
show up in `dmesg' - does it?  What kind of card is it?

(Also, make sure your network settings are correct.  I made some
assumptions based on what you have - depending on what was typoed there
I could be wildly wrong :)

--
Nathan Norman
MidcoNet - 410 South Phillips Avenue - Sioux Falls, SD  57104