Re: LPRng broked??

fealvar@ctc.cl wrote:

> Hi, I'm trying to print trough LPRng to a JetDirect Printer and i got no
> succes even if i use the same printcap that work with the standar BSD lpr.
>
> I've tried lpd to lpd connection (The usual way) and direct connection to
> port 9100.
>
> Please Help.

Try adding ":send_data_first" to the end of your printcap entry. This
worked for me to fix a similar problem. I found a reference to it in the
postscript documentation. I hope this helps.

Jeff

--
"These open-source projects are resulting in software that is more
stable and supports a faster rate of innovation than any software
company. It's capturing the hearts and minds of the technology
industry like nothing since the Web." -- Marc Andreesen, Netscape
begin:          vcard
fn:             Jeffrey Ebert
n:              Ebert;Jeffrey
org:            Hughes Network Systems
adr:            11717 Exploration Lane;;;Germantown;MD;20876;USA
email;internet: jebert@hns.com
tel;work:       301-601-2662
tel;fax:        301-428-5868
x-mozilla-cpt:  ;0