Re: Fonts in X [Off Topic]

If you happen to have an hour or two to kill....and nothing better to do you
caould
call the tech suport for the company and complain....
tell them that you want to delete the software off of the hard drive but refuse
turn it on because you don't want to agree to and be bound by those licences
....demand they send someone out to delete the software for you
you wont get anywhere....but it could be fun to kill an hour
(and I have seen less than that get someone to change their wording on something
:) )
-Steve

Peter S Galbraith wrote:

> > Or I could send an spam like:
> >
> > "By receiving this email you agreed to install Debian on your
> > computer, and delete all the other operating systems in it."
>
> Sticker on my new Toshiba laptop:
>
>  Notice: The software products pre-installed on your computer are
>  copyrighted works.  Before turning on your computer, please read the
>  License Agreemant printed on each software package envelope or inside
>  the front of the appropriate manual.  By turning on your computer you
>  indicate that you have read and accepted these software licenses
>  terms.
>
> Even if you turn it on to delete it?  I wonder what a judge would say
> about this.
> --
> Peter Galbraith, research scientist          <GalbraithP@dfo-mpo.gc.ca>
> Maurice Lamontagne Institute, Department of Fisheries and Oceans Canada
> P.O. Box 1000, Mont-Joli Qc, G5H 3Z4 Canada. 418-775-0852 FAX: 775-0546
>          ** New E-Mail. galbraith@mixing.qc.dfo.ca is cut off **
>
> --

-=Signature has been removed because it made an unfair comparison between NT 4
and Linux =-
replacement: (ok I admit...I am bored..its a slow day at work)
[sjc@debian ~]$fortune -o
Anything more than 3 shakes is for fun.