laptop soundconf

this is the soundconf file for a Gateway Solo 2300 LS with a Yamaha
YM715 sound chipset. i am running kernel 2.0.33. btw, the card is not
configured as a soundblaster. i had the same experience as you did,
namely if i booted into windows and then linux the sound card will
work. unfortunately the card is not 100% soundblaster compatible, so
you have to configure it differently. anyway, the sound works fine for
me now, so give it a try. let me know if it works for you.

sorry it took this long to send you this message, but the laptop is
somewhere in europe right now.

--alex--

--
| I believe the moment is at hand when, by a paranoiac and active |
|  advance of the mind, it will be possible (simultaneously with  |

------- Start of included message -------
/*      Generated by configure. Don't edit!!!!  */
/*      Making changes to this file is not as simple as it may look.
*/

/*      If you change the CONFIG_ settings in local.h you       */
/*      _have_ to edit .defines too.    */

#undef  CONFIG_PAS
#undef  CONFIG_SB
#define CONFIG_ADLIB
#undef  CONFIG_GUS
#undef  CONFIG_MPU401
#undef  CONFIG_UART6850
#undef  CONFIG_PSS
#undef  CONFIG_GUS16
#undef  CONFIG_GUSMAX
#undef  CONFIG_MSS
#undef  CONFIG_SSCAPE
#undef  CONFIG_TRIX
#undef  CONFIG_MAD16
#define CONFIG_CS4232
#undef  CONFIG_MAUI
#undef  CONFIG_SPNP
#undef  CONFIG_UNUSED1
#undef  CONFIG_UNUSED2
#undef  CONFIG_AEDSP16
#define CONFIG_AUDIO
#define CONFIG_MIDI
#define CONFIG_YM3812

#define CONFIG_MPU_EMU
#define CONFIG_AD1848
#undef  CONFIG_SBDSP
#undef  CONFIG_UART401
#define CONFIG_SEQUENCER

#define CS4232_BASE 0x534
#define CS4232_IRQ 5
#define CS4232_DMA 0
#define CS4232_DMA2 3
#define CS4232_MPU_BASE 0x330
#define CS4232_MPU_IRQ 9
#define DSP_BUFFSIZE 65536
#define SELECTED_SOUND_OPTIONS  0x00a82004
------- End of included message -------