Re: Shadow installation.

On Mon, 5 May 1997, Tim Sailer wrote:

> 'shadowconfig on'
>
> Tim
>
> PS: I hope adduser has caught up to shadow

To the best of my knowledge, it hasn't.  I tried a fix by the developer
that isn't on the mirror, and there are still problems.  If you want to be
able to add users easily, then don't use shadow passwords.  However, if
you'd like to add to the list of bugs, then be my guest.  Considering this
and the base disk problems, and this, I have a feeling 1.3 may have it's
release date pushed back a little.  Note, I'll request that the debian
testing group try out shadow passwords once the add user fix is made.
Hopefully the bugs can be worked out quickly.

HTH,
Brandon

P.S. If there is any false information, please correct me.  This is what I
know from experience and looking at the bug tracking list.

-----
Brandon Mitchell                         E-mail: bhmit1@mail.wm.edu
  Homepage: http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/7877/home.html

"We all know Linux is great...it does infinite loops in 5 seconds."
	--Linus Torvalds