Camera drivers under Debian

Hey, folks!

	I finally have a project in the wings that may actually pay $$$ for
me to deploy a real live debian based solution... that would be cool in many
ways and it would mean that I could finally have a debian environment on my
desktop with some hope of having time to contribute to the betterment of the
community. :-)

Question:  I need to be able to hook up a Camera to the computer... Would
someone be so kind as to provide me with a quick summary as to what hardware
is compatible and the status of the drivers?  Ie; in your experience, is this
stuff stable and reliable?

Thank you,
b.bum