Re: 16650 - Found a patch!

On Wed, 23 Apr 1997 03:24:11 -0400 (EDT), Steve Hsieh wrote:

>>  > I'm certainly interested because I intend to be getting a byte runner 16650
>>  > card and ISDN TA in a about a week.
>

>Something to think about before getting a 16650 card... From the 2.0.30
>kernel serial.c:

Hmm this is not good, but looky what I found:

serial .c
 * 16650/16750 support added for Connect Tech Inc ( www.connecttech.com )
 * DFlex support. For now, only fifos are enabled. Extra features of these
 * chips will be dealt with at a later date.

I checked out the DFlex, and it is more along the lines of an industrial
board and carries a big price tag.

Now this should allow 16650 support on any board since the DFlex is dumb.

Question: Where does the licensing for this patch stand? It is based
on the standard serial.c from the kernal tree, which means this must also be
GPL, correct?

Dave 'Kill a Cop' Cinege  (aka Psychopath #3)  ---  Super Genius at Large
The Oklahoma City Federal building bombing -
Americas first response to government abuse

http://www.psychosis.com/

Libertarian Party 1-800-682-1776		http://www.lp.org/