Re: Critical "Times" article on Linux

> [reply diverted to debian-user]
>
> debian-announce-request@lists.debian.org wrote:
> >
> > "The Times", a respected British newspaper, published an article that was
> > offensively critical of Linux in its Sunday edition.

Is there any place on-line where I could read that article, I'm getting curious :-) ?

Nico

> Well, solong for repspected.... Folk that don't get their facts
> straight don't deserve respect, especially if they are distributing
> the "news" though out the world.
>
> I especyally liked the part about Mr. Gates, M$, standards, and
> how "Computer geeks despise simple, common standards."
>

> > I urge Debian users and developers to _not_ respond to this article.
> > If you must respond, please do not represent yourself as having anything
> > to do with Debian.
> >
> > When you're in a fight with an idiot, it's difficult for other people to
> > tell which one the idiot is.
>
> Yes, true. This guy obvioisly has his facts "straight", so no use
> arguing with him.
>

> >         Thanks
> >
> >         Bruce Perens
> >         Debian Project Leader
> K.D.
> --
>   *********************************************************************
>   * Kari Davmpsson                    *                               *
>   * Opiskelijankatu 4 F 330           *                               *
>   * 33720 Tampere                     *     Your advertisement here.  *
>   * Finland                           *     Low prices.               *
>   * Tel: + 358-(0)50-5225153          *                               *
>   * d154402@cs.tut.fi                 *	                              *

Nico De Ranter
Sony Objective Composer (SOCOM)
Sint Stevens Woluwestraat 55 (Rue de Woluwe-Saint-Etienne)
1130 Brussel (Bruxelles), Belgium, Europe, Earth
Telephone: +32 2 724 17 41 Telefax: +32 2 726 26 86
e-mail: nico.deranter@sonycom.com