Re: Comparing HD to dpkg

"Karl M. Hegbloom" <karlheg@inetarena.com> writes:

[snip]

>  I just ran that command with BASH; it works just fine. The process
> substitution notation is the same.

Bash supports this notation.  AFAIK it doesn't support =(...) though,
which is useful for gv =(zcat /usr/doc/xv/xvdocs.ps.gz).

> Better still, do:
>
> $ (diff <(find / | sort) <(cat /var/lib/dpkg/info/*.list | sort) | tee
> /tmp/hd-dpkg.diff) | less

Good idea.  What are the outermost parentheses for?

--
                Carey Evans  <*>  c.evans@clear.net.nz

"Encryption renamed to Encode to avoid US regulation problems"
                     - include/linux/wireless.h in Linux 2.0.30 kernel