RE: DEITY TEAM -- REQUEST FOR FUNCTIONALITY and COMMENTS

Regarding the "wish list" for the dselect replacement:

1 A "what if" command:  Tell me what you would do if I said "do it".
  I found with dselect I'd somehow told it to remove lots of
  things I hand't meant to, so recently I've been using dpkg directly
  rather than trying to figure out dselect.

2 A "merge in" command: Someone mentioned the get_selections and
  set_selections which is useful.  But if I understand correctly
  set_selections replaces everything.  I think it would be nice to
  have a way of "adding it to the current set from something".  I
  doubt if it would be useful for single machine situations,  but for
  an installation of several machines one might have a "core set"
  which is on all machines,  but a few extra sets of packages which
  are enabled on other sets of machines.

3 In the less important but nice to have category:
  Choice of interfaces:  e.g a perl/tk interface and an emacs
  interface.

Richard.