Re: update-menus

> I notice that many of the packages tell you that you can run a config
> program (gpmconfig, apacheconfig, smailconfig) at a later time to change
> things. Shouldn't these be added to menus as part of the install? That way
> root could run pdmenu and easily get to a submenu of config tools. Where
> user config is allowed, it would be placed on their menus, too.
>
> For now, I am trying to build a list of such config commands as I
> encounter them.

Yes.  Also, do packages currently include provision for a description of
the maintainer's choices regarding compile time options, config file
settings, and so on?  I have tried doing it a few times, and there are
certainly lots of details to getting a program compiled.  If there is not
a standard information repository acesable through a standard package, I
think there should be.