Re: Multiple ISP setup

On Fri, 11 Apr 1997, Chow Chi-Ming wrote:

> Just wonder what is a good ppp dial-up setup for multiple ISPs.  I
> want to be able to choose which ISP to dial up easily (read: without
> having to edit /etc files manually each time I have to switch).
>
> Is there a tool for this?

I can dial up multiple ISPs very easy using linuxconf - an interactive
configuration and activation utility which allows to configure
the following topics:

  o  Networking (client)
  o  Basic TCP/IP setup
  o  Routing
  o  DNS location
  o  NIS client
  o  IPX (novell) setup
  o  PPP and SLIP dialout      <<< !
  o  Networking (server)
  o  Boot services: RARP and DHCP
  o  DNS
  o  IP Aliasing
  o  NFS
  o  Mail
  o  Uucp
  o  X11
  o  User account
  o  File systems (partitions)
  o  Boot mode
  o  LILO
  o  Boot runlevel

  One key difference between Linuxconf and other configuration utility
  is that Linuxconf take care of the activation.

  Linuxconf may be used as a command line utility.

Command line options:

     netconf --connect <pppsetup>

  allow you to establish a PPP connection using the <pppsetup>
  specification.

     netconf --disconnect <pppsetup>

  terminate a PPP connection.

           <pppsetup> = <your_ISP_1>, <your_ISP_2>... etc.

-----
for more details see http://www.solucorp.qc.ca/linuxconf

Regards,

--