Re: "dselect" replacement project ("deity")y

On Sat, 12 Apr 1997, Rick wrote:

> I think it was one of the Debian gurus that just sent an email stating that
> it was only the ftp install that had this bug.  He'll most likely send you an
> email on this but in case he doesn't get to it for a while I'll say that he
> did say it worked fine in the CD install.

Okay lets be clear here I know for certain:
  1) FTP does NOT dependacny correctly
  2) The disk install has code designed to correct this
  3) Some poster in some far off land said it worked right
  4) I buy it, cause it looks sound.
  5) If -ANYONE- has had a dependancy problem installing from 1.2 or 1.3
     off a cdrom then please tell me an I will try to have an alternet
     solution.
  6) I filed a bug against dpkg-ftp to include the code in 2).

My copy of 1.2 on both my machines has this fix for cdrom installations,
so I think it should be in most 1.2 copies?

So there we have it.

I hope this steams off any strange rumors!

Jason