Re: Question on install

Quoting Nils Rennebarth (nils@nus.de):
[snip]
> According to your further mails, BIOS settings try the floppy first.
> Was the floppy written ok?
>
> Try
>    md5sum < /dev/fd0
> after you made the floppy with dd if=resc1440 of=/dev/fd0 bs=10240
> and compare that to
>    md5sum resc1440.bin
> and check that all match the one in md5sums.txt

Nothing's ok.

I did it and sometimes it was ok, sometimes not.

Then I was trying to cat file >/dev/fd0 and until ALL the md5sums were ok.

After reboot every single disc was broken.

I'm trying out another version, I suppose...
IS there any other way to accomplish a boot? Since with the old 13-6 discs
it just booted (I got the news ones then, because they are not really
working, you know it)...

Is there a way to boot via lilo on hd?

I know the German SuSE distribution that only needs a CD and a small
programm with DOS. There's no need for ANY discs, the kernels are loaded
from the CD. Well...

Alexander

--
Das Fleisch ist willig, doch der Koch ist zu schwach.
Alexander Koch - <>< - aka efraim - +49-(0)89-64289385