Re: Question on install

On Fri, 11 Apr 1997, Alexander Koch wrote:

> Hi again.
>
> Well, since it is said and I experienced it several times the making of the
> boot floppies is not that easy...
>
> My problem is that I take the resc1440.bin and write it to disc (with dd)
> and when it comes to boot it just does nothing and the mbr of /dev/sda
> (lilo) is taken.

Is the floppy drive trying to read at boot? Make sure your system bios is
set up for proper boot order A:,C: and not C:,A:

If that doesn't solve it, see if your system will boot anything from a
floppy (like dos).

+ Paul Wade                         Greenbush Technologies Corporation +
+ mailto:paulwade@greenbush.com              http://www.greenbush.com/ +
+ http://www.wtop.com/                        What does W.T.O.P. mean? +