Re: fixing dates?

On Wed, 9 Apr 1997, Adam Shand wrote:

> >How do i permently fix a date on a debian system?  Its set to GMT, should
> >i turn this off?  Using date -s it works until the next reboot, then it
> >reverts to the wrong date again...?
>
> What I do is sync the clock from one of our servers using netdate and then
> use clock to set the BIOS clock so that it doesn't get reset on boot up.
>
> eg.
> netdate time.domain.net | clock -w
>
> seems to do the trick with us.

Work for me to - after i tried it. Thanks, thsi fixed the problem.

> It's also a good idea to remove the -u in the /etc/init.d/boot (search for
> GMT)
> unless your clock is actually set to GMT.

Yes, i have done that, that GMT's a bitch :)

PaChi,

michl

electric RAIN					http://www.electric-rain.net/

The second rate soldier lives a life of medoicrety and dies with regret.
The first rate soldier lives a life of honor and dies with honor.