Re: to xlib6 or not to xlib6?

On Sat, 22 Mar 1997, Ken Gaugler wrote:

[snip]

> I am not worried about gwm: I don't use it anyway.  But I am
> worried about trashing all my other X stuff if I install this
> package.
>
> Is it OK to upgrade to xlib6 and let the chips fall where they
> may with respect to elf-x11r6lib, or what should I do?

Go ahead an upgrade to xlib6. The only problem you might run into it that
a few old packages (like gwm) depended on things they shouldn't have
depended on and so you might have to use --force-depends to get those
installed. Let me repeat that... the only potential problem is dpkg
dependencies problems with some old packages. Once you have everything
installed, xlib6 will work just fine.

If you still find packages that haven't been upgraded to depend on either
"xlib6" or "elf-x11r6lib", you should file bug reports against them.

  Christian