Re: 3c509 Detection problem. Experienced user needs assistance.

> Well, I've got a few ideas for you.  Right off the bat I am wondering
> why you are using /dev/ttyS1 instead of /dev/cua1 (which is one of the
> standard call out devices).  As I remember, the /dev/ttySx's are
> normally used as call-in devices (whether or not this actually makes a
> difference to the system I do not know).

The /dev/ttyS devices are now the standard that everyone should be using.
The old style /dev/cua devices are only included for backwards
compatibility.  Stick to using the ttyS devices, it will save you hassle
in the long run.

Adam.

 4050 Lake Otis		    Adam  Shand        (v) +1 907 562 4638
 Anchorage, Alaska     Systems Administrator   (f) +1 907 562 1677
----------------- http://larry.earthlight.co.nz -------------------