RE: xterm

Hi Zach;

You have received a number of good answers to your question but I did
not notice anyone telling you some of the really basic stuff (that I
admit you might already know).  Do a "ls -A" in your home directory
(which you can get to from anywhere by doing a "cd" without any
arguments) and see if you already have a file named ".Xresources".  Edit
(or create) this file with an editor (vi, ae, or whatever).  In that
file make two entries:
 xterm*background:black
 xterm*forground:white
Take a look at the xterm man page (man xterm).

best,
-bill

Zach wrote:
   Is there any way to change the colors of Xterm?  mine defaults to
black on white (which gets really annoying when you telnet to a
machine using really light ansi colors), and I would rather have it
white on black..

      Zach