unable to start PCMCIA service

when starting the "/etc/init.d/pcmcia start" i still get the same
errormessages:

startin PCMCIA services:modules
pcmcia_core.o unresolved symbol apm_register_callback_R4e72ac41
pcmcia_core.o unresolved symbol apm_unregister_callback_Rb7166c6e
i82365.o unresolved symbol pcibios_present_Ra67d0654
i82365.o unresolved symbol pcibios_write_config_word_R3ebbdbb4

to verify if kernel and modules match each other i've extracted the
following information from my .config (after running make menuconfig):

CONFIG_MODVERSIONS=y

CONFIG_PCI=y

CONFIG_APM=y
CONFIG_APM_IGNORE_USER_SUSPEND=y
CONFIG_APM_DO_ENABLE=y
CONFIG_APM_CPU_IDLE=y
CONFIG_APM_DISPLAY_BLANK=y
CONFIG_APM_POWER_OFF=y

and from the stdout of `make-kpkg --revision custom.1.0 modules_image':

Kernel configuration options:
    PCI BIOS support is enabled.
    Advanced Power Management (APM) support is enabled.
    Module version checking is enabled.

do i have to set some additional stuf - to get a running couple of
kernel and PCMCIA?

may there be any hardware <-> kernel discrepancies which produce some
errors like that?

well - if it seems to be no debian-specific problem - maybe anybody can
tell me where i can go on to ask or search for information?

have a nice day!
bye - hb!