Re: init

> When I boot up linux, it says "INIT: no more processes left in this
> runlevel" and stops.  What can I do?

Oops, that's bad!

Usually this means something is (badly?) screwed up with your system. Like missing
essential libraries, a corrupt /bin/bash, whatever.

The only way I can see to recover from this is to insert the emergency bootdisk you
were aksed to make during installation, and boot from floppy.

Then you can do things like
  mount -t ext2 /dev/hda1 /mnt
(or wherever your mainlinux partition is), and then examine what is wrong with
the system.

Wish you luck!

--
joost witteveen, joostje@debian.org

My spamfilter is so good, it correctly catches 90% of incoming spam,
*including* all email from my PhD supervisor.