Re: Infomagic LDR debian, and, What's Hamm and Bo?

> From: David Wright <D.Wright@open.ac.uk>

> Bo is the current stable release; hamm is unstable. The names are just
> codenames, which never change. ...

> For some reason, some people object to the user of these codenames (don't
> ask me why; every project in real life has a codename) so ...

And when the project is released, there are version numbers or release
numbers.

Why the heck doesn't Debian use the release number (e.g., 1.3, 1.3.x) as
the primary (canonical) name?  Then when you seem 1.2 and 1.3, you can
tell which is newer and which is older.

Daniel
--
Daniel Barclay