Re: is the Creative Labs AWE64 GOLD Soundcard supported?

     In my previous posting, I forgot to attach the isapnp.conf file with
the solution suggested by Marcus Brinkmann, here it is.

     Also, I mentioned kernel 2.1.55 - err... I _have_ problems building
it at the moment - but forgot to say that I wanted to test it more for the
IPC SHMEM kernel feature needed by SLab-1.0 than for pnp/awe I currently
have running via isapnp/awe-debian-packages.
    SLab seems to be a very interesting package, as for the description...
I'm attaching two small files about it, the .lsm file and the system
requirements from the readme. Did anybody test this software with Debian
(and possibly with an AWE 64 Gold)?

     Nicola Bernardelli <nbern@mail.protos.it>
messages will come, even when I am away for some days.
# $Id: pnpdump.c,v 1.8 1997/01/14 21:05:35 fox Exp $
# This is free software, see the sources for details.
# This software has NO WARRANTY, use at your OWN RISK
#
# For details of this file format, see isapnp.conf(5)
#
# Compiler flags: -DREALTIME -DNEEDSETSCHEDULER
#
# Trying port address 0203
# Board 1 has serial identifier 7f 08 3a 2a f0 9e 00 8c 0e

# (DEBUG)
(READPORT 0x0203)
(ISOLATE)
(IDENTIFY *)

# Card 1: (serial identifier 7f 08 3a 2a f0 9e 00 8c 0e)
# CTL009e Serial No 138029808 [checksum 7f]
# Version 1.0, Vendor version 2.0
# ANSI string -->Creative SB AWE64 Gold<--
#
# Logical device id CTL0044
#

(CONFIGURE CTL009e/138029808 (LD 0
#     ANSI string -->Audio<--
(INT 0 (IRQ 5 (MODE +E)))
(DMA 0 (CHANNEL 1))
(DMA 1 (CHANNEL 5))
(IO 0 (BASE 0x0220))
(IO 1 (BASE 0x0330))
(IO 2 (BASE 0x0388))
(ACT Y)
(REG 7 (POKE 1) (PEEK)) # Set logical device 1, but no check
# Logical device id CTL7002
#     Compatible device id PNPb02f
#     ANSI string -->Game<--
(IO 0 (BASE 0x0200))
(ACT Y)
(REG 7 (POKE 2) (PEEK)) # Set logical device 2, but no check
# Logical device id CTL0023
#     ANSI string -->WaveTable<--
(IO 0 (BASE 0x0620))
(IO 1 (BASE 0x0A20))
(IO 2 (BASE 0x0E20))
(ACT Y)
))

# End tag... Checksum 0x00 (OK)
Begin3
Title:          SLab Recording Studio Software
Version:        1.0
Entered-date:   May 12, 1997
				stereo/quadraphonic outputs. Includes WaveEditing,
				effects send busses, stereo bus groupings, dynamic digital
				filters (per track), TCL/TK based drag and drop user
				interface, stereo effects API, VU metering, DSP - echo,
				chorus, flange, phase, reverb, rotary, limitor, et al,
				Continuous controller recording (mixdown sessions).
				MultiProcessing/shared memory mix engine.
				Kernel requires: 2.1.24, OSS/FREE 3.5.X, SYSV_IPC.
				System requires: TCL_7.5/TK_4.1, at least the header files.