Re: is the Creative Labs AWE64 GOLD Soundcard supported?

On Sat, Oct 11, 1997 at 10:14:40PM -0200, Nicola Bernardelli wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Oct 1997, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
>
> > On Fri, Oct 10, 1997 at 05:25:56PM -0200, Nicola Bernardelli wrote:
> > > Ok, for you HOWTO, I have isapnp working fine now.
> >
> > I find it *really* odd that you have to rearrange the order of the entrys in
> > the isapnp.conf. A *quick* and *dirty* hack, and I can't even think of
> > including it i my HOWTO (I see lots of emails complaining about such an
> > unsure statement :).
> >
> > I can give a hint about it (and I will do), but could you check if the PEEK
> > thing from the faq works for you? Please do it for me, because the faq
> > states, that the standard does not clearly specifiy if it should work
> > without the PEEKS, means, that it is fully legitimate that you have to
> > include the PEEKS.
> >
> > Please try it, thank you!
>
> Good news to you Marcus, your POKE way works fine here with the AWE64
> Gold, I tried the devices in any of the following sequences always with
> success:

I'm sorry to bother you so hard, but here is my begging:

Could you check if the first way also works? You were right as you wrote
that the (VERIFYLD N) command would be alot easier. I was damned blind as this
point (i didn't even looked at the man page was VERIFYLD means).

So, if you could try this config script (note the fourth line):
(READPORT 0x0203)
(ISOLATE)
(IDENTIFY *)
(VERIFYLD N)

(CONFIGURE CTL009e/138029808 (LD 0
#     ANSI string -->Audio<--
(INT 0 (IRQ 5 (MODE +E)))
(DMA 0 (CHANNEL 1))
(DMA 1 (CHANNEL 5))
(IO 0 (BASE 0x0220))
(IO 1 (BASE 0x0330))
(IO 2 (BASE 0x0388))
(ACT Y)
))

(CONFIGURE CTL009e/138029808 (LD 1
#     Compatible device id PNPb02f
#     ANSI string -->Game<--
(IO 0 (BASE 0x0200))
(ACT Y)
))

(CONFIGURE CTL009e/138029808 (LD 2
#     ANSI string -->WaveTable<--
(IO 0 (BASE 0x0620))
(IO 1 (BASE 0x0A20))
(IO 2 (BASE 0x0E20))
(ACT Y)
))

I would be really happy if it would work without the POKE's, but with the
(VERIFYLD N). It would be whole damn easier for the Newbie.

I'm sorry that I rely on you, but I don't encounter such problems, and you
are the only person I know of (I'm happy that I have you :)#

Thanks you A LOT!
Marcus

--
"Rhubarb is no Egyptian god."