Re: assigning file systems to partitions

> I know how to make partitions with cfdisk, but where in the
> installation process do I assign a file system to a partition?
>
> For example, suppose I want to put /, /root, /usr, /var on four
> separate partitions and the rest of LINUX on a fifth partition.
> Where and how do I tell LINUX to do this??
>
> I'm installing Debian 1.3.1 from cdrom and necessary floppies.

While installing, after partitioning with cfdisk, at some point you will
be asked where to mount each of your partitions (quite soon I guess).
You can change that at any time yourself, all these data are in /etc/fstab
file which defines the order of mounting and mount points for each
partition.

Hope this helps.

Alex Y.

--